Our Grand Tropical Wedding Package (US $630.00) includes:
- Services of the wedding coordinator
- Special license and registration fee
- Decorated wedding venue
- Services of a marriage officer
- Wedding cake
- Bridal bouquet and boutonniere
- Witness, if required
- A bottle of chilled champagne to toast the ceremony
- All taxes and gratuities
Please note that it will be necessary to pay locally for the return taxi into town to the Ministry of Legal Affairs, at a cost of US$35.00.
Complimentary Wedding Package
The above Wedding Package is free for couples staying (13) nights or more at The Grand Royal Antiguan Beach Resort on an all-inclusive basis (not applicable to standard rooms).
Should you choose to stay at The Grand Royal Antiguan for your honeymoon, you will receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and fruit basket.
Additional options include photography, videos, hors d'oeuvres, private dinners, additional champagne, beauty treatments and local entertainment such as a steel-drum band. Your personal wedding coordinator will discuss your exact requirements and advise you on the current prices upon your arrival at the resort. All optional extras are payable in cash at the resort-credit cards are NOT ACCEPTED.
Upon your arrival at the Royal Grand Antiguan, you will be given an invitation to discuss your wedding arrangements with our wedding coordinator.
For couples wishing to have a formal wedding reception, our qualified banquet and catering staff will assist with every dining detail to make your reception truly spectacular.
For your special occasion, we offer:
- Caribbean hotel banquet space in our Crystal Ballroom for up to 450 people
- Private patio (Tamarind Terrace)
- Professional assistance through the planning and execution phases
- Special accommodation rates for out-of-town guests
- A unique atmosphere in a spacious environment
- Assistance in creating the perfect menu
- Audio systems
No waiting time is required before legal proceedings can begin. Couples must attend the Ministry of Legal Affairs in St. John's (a 15-minute drive from the hotel), where they will complete and sign a declaration stating that the information they are giving is correct. Please note that the Ministry is not open on weekends or public holidays. If there is any doubt as to either person's single status, it may be necessary to swear an affidavit before a solicitor (approximately US$40.00 each).
Please bring the following documents:
- Original birth certificates (with raised notary seal)
- Valid passports
- Immigration cards, stamped locally at the airport
- If divorced, original proof of Decree Absolute
- If widowed, original death certificate
- Original proof if name changed by Deed Poll
- If younger than 18 years, evidence of consent of parents is required in the form of an original affidavit by a notary public.
Documents such as birth certificates and decree absolutes must be officially translated into English.
Date & Time of Wedding Ceremony
While specific requests can be made through our Sales Office, The Grand Royal Antiguan cannot guarantee a specific time or date for your wedding prior to your arrival. Weddings are generally performed between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., but not on weekends or public holidays. Only civil ceremonies are legally recognized.